Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Evolution Cucumber Salad

I admit it - I watched Rachael Ray yesterday. Anyway, it was okay because she wasn't very screachy and it was rather lucky actually because there was Jamie Oliver in all his Britishness speaking about good food and easy recipes. I copied his recipe down with the PVR on slow-mo and made the cucumber salad the other night for dinner (as a side). Since my own notes are quite basic, I will copy the recipe from RR's website and post it here for you. Go here http://www.rachelrayshow.com/food/recipes/jaime-olivers-evolution-cucumber-salad/ for a video and picture of the salad - my salad looked EXACTLY the same! It was a very, very good salad. So easy and honestly, much nicer than cucumber salad sounds. I am trying the Evolution Potato Salad tomorrow.

Jamie Oliver's Evolution Cucumber Salad - Serves 4
Peel 2 cucumbers, using a speed peeler, chop off the ends, and halve them lengthways. Use a teaspoon to gently scoop the seeds out, and discard them. Chop the cucumber into irregular bite-sized chunks and place in a bowl. Seas with a good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix well. Pick some leaves off a few sprigs of fresh mint and roughly chop them. Add them to the salad and toss together. Serve the salad simply as it is, or let it evolve…
Add a large tablespoon of natural yogurt to the cucumber salad. Toss until well coated and serve drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Put a large handful of black olives on a clean surface and press down on them with the palm of your hand to remove the pits. Discard the pits and add the olives to the salad. Toss together well.
Halve 1 fresh red chile lengthways, seed, and finely chop. Scatter over your cucumber salad and serve drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil.

6 comments:

Mausi said...

Hello! I love Jamie Oliver and I have his cook book "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution". I haven't tried cucumber salad but I would like to try it sometime soon. I like watching Jamie cook because I can tell that he is passionate and excited about food he cooks :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Guys
I love to cook new dishes and your wonderful site give me many things to cooked. So I like to your site. There are only vegetarian dishes It is great for me. Thanks a lot.
===========
SEO Services Article

nicky said...

Hey, I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part
people lack substance but
I just wanted to make a quick comment to say GREAT blog!…..
I'll be checking in on a regularly now….
Keep up the good work!
My Blog Topics:
Beauty fashon news
hot nike sport shoes
sale on uggs
barefoot sport
chi vs ghd
Just do it, come on, :p
ALL MY BLOGSPOT...

SAFAHL said...

really blog with good food informations

Anonymous said...

I love Jamie Oliver!!!!! he is my hero, absolute God !!!! xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I add a 1/2 cup of quinoa and a generous helping of crisped prosciutto to make it into my full meal. Evolution!